Monday, January 5, 2009

I Predict Things

I want Ohio State to win tonight even though it will probably cost me some money in a family run bowl pick-em contest. For Ohio State to win they need to throw everything they have on defense at Colt McCoy. They need to generate turnovers, sacks and get plenty of pressure. I think one of my biggest disappointments, as a Buckeye fan, this season has been the fact that too often the defense has seemed pretty passive. Statwise, they have done pretty well. The problem is that that those stats are helped by playing in a Big Ten not known for offense.

On offense, Tressel needs to stop being so conservative. They are going to have to score touchdowns tonight. Too often Tressel seems to shut things down once they are in field goal range. Three points and play defense seems to be the MO with Tressel's play calling once on the other side of the 50. He is going to have to take some risks tonight. I'm talking consistent agressive play calling, not just an occassional deep route and a reverse thrown in between 20 dives between the tackles.

I see neither happening. Gimmie Texas and please let me be wrong.

Current prediction record.
5-4

No comments: