Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stop The Stupid

Well, to be honest, I hope this kinda stupid keeps going strong.
“Hispanic polls, Hispanic surveys, indicate that Hispanics think just like everyone else. We’re not like African-Americans. "

The above quote is from Manny Miranda who is trying to lead the charge against Soytomayor. So not only are conservatives looking to alienate the three latino voters that they actually have, but they are now working on alienating African-Americans as well. For shits and giggles somebody should ask Manny just how African-Americans think.

I thought this was pretty good as well.
"When I was on the leader’s staff, someone called me once and asked me: ‘What’s Senator Frist’s Hispanic agenda?’ I said, ‘low taxes, better education, more jobs … what are you talking about?’ And that’s how Hispanics are. This is an opportunity to educate them on all of our issues and they will resonate in the way that they resonate with everyone else.”

The GOP has had their ass handed to them for two straight cycles. The message ain't resonating.

No comments: