Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Guy That Won't Go Away

Like most people I saw/heard the news that Brett Favre was going to stay retired. I didn't post on it, because I don't think a guy staying retired is all that newsy, there will probably be at least 20 Brett Favre considering a comeback type stories written this year and I am too lazy to blog on a consistent basis this summer.

When everything is said and done and Favre does finally walk away from the game and stops toying with his next comeback tour I bet that there are less stories written about Brett Favre the gun-slinger and more stories about the Brett Favre who just wouldn't go the fuck away (of course Peter King will have to die first). I might be totally wrong on that, but just today I was listening to a radio show where they talked about Dan Marino being one of the quarterbacks who just weren't good enough to win a Super Bowl rather than one of the best quarterbacks to have played the game.

No comments: