Monday, November 10, 2008

I Could Fix Heroes

Apparently, Heroes is losing a lot of viewers and the bigwigs are trying to save the show. I appreciate the effort, because it is one of my favorite shows and I agree that it has really slipped since Season One.

I think the show's biggest problem is that there are simply too many characters. It is almost as if the writers of the show decided to find a role for every out of work actor and actress in Hollywood. The result of so many characters is too many damned plot lines. And too many damned plot lines results in each episode having 2-8 minute clips of each plot line and it takes forever for the story to get developed.

The solution is simple. It is time to start killing characters. Season One was a whole lot of 'Save The Cheerleader'. I say the rest of this season should be 'Kill The Cheerleader'. If I wanted to watch a whiney spoiled brat I would watch My Sweet 16. Actually, I would thin out most of her hero and non-hero family starting with fire starting mom. Next buh-bye electricity girl and please take Suresh with you.

With the flock thinned we can get back to the actual story instead of some VH1 Where Are They Now for Heroes.

Sadly it looks like the suck is going to continue for awhile.

Writers are already working on the 20th of a planned 25 episodes this season, meaning any changes produced by the firings are unlikely to be seen on the air before May.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Suresh.... I hate you now.
But I don't have cable so I have no idea whats going on this season

Adam said...

Gotta break a few eggs to make a decent show....or something like that.

Unknown said...

bah hum bug...