Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Predict Things

I haven't found much to write about the last couple of days. Part of that might be that I am fighting a cold, playing catch-up with work and haven't really been that motivated. So to fill some space I figured I would go with some sports predictions. I'll keep a running tally so anybody who wants can mock me when I get things totally wrong.

Anyway, I'm going with the Saints over the Bears tonight. This goes against some trends as the Saints are terrible on the road (1-6 for the season) and have lost their last two games in Chicago. Most people will see this billing as the high powered Saints offense against the tough Bears defense. I think the true match-up to watch is just the reverse. Matt Forte has had a solid season for the Bears so far, but the Saints have allowed just one 100-yard rusher all season. If the Saints can hold Forte to under 100 yards, I think they win easy. Even if Forte has a good game, I think the Saints are poised to end the Bears hopes at a play-off spot.

No comments: