Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Warren

With Obama willing to open up dialogue with Iran, it seems kinda silly to invite a pastor or thinks we should take out their president.
HANNITY:Can you — can you talk to rogue dictators.

Ahmadinejad denies the Holocaust, wants to wipe Israel off the map, is seeking nuclear weapons.

WARREN: Yes.

HANNITY: I think we need to take him out.

WARREN: Yes.

HANNITY: Am I advocating something dark, evil or something righteous?

WARREN: Well, actually, the Bible says that evil cannot be negotiated with. It has to just be stopped. And I believe...

HANNITY: By force?

WARREN: Well, if necessary. In fact, that is the legitimate role of government. The Bible says that God puts government on earth to punish evildoers. Not good-doers. Evildoers.

I mentioned it in my last post, but I am just amazed that Warren is consider as somebody both the left and right can love because he thinks we should be concerned about poverty and AIDS. These are character traits of decent people, not of somebody who should be held up as all that is good and holy. I think it is wrong for people to punch little old ladies in the head, but I don't use that as an example of why I am awesome because everybody should think it is wrong to punch little old ladies in the head.

Those few on the left and those in the media that portray Warren as 'different' type of evangelical or as Nicholas Kristof said an "evangelical liberals can love." are being played. Even Warren, in comparing himself to Dobson said the only difference is tone. In other words, Warren does better PR.

I just want to add one other thing, not dealing exclusively with Warren. Ahmadinejad, despite the title of President, is not the leader of Iran. He is a figurehead with no power. The fact that media types and others think that he has any real power is a pretty clear signal that most people just don't know what they are talking about when it comes to the middle east.

No comments: