Friday, March 27, 2009

Farcry 2

I had such high hopes for this game and while I wouldn't say it is a bad game, but it is disappointing. I'm a big fan of Fallout 3. It is easily one of my favorite games of all time. I love the open world environment that it has. Many times while trying to complete Fallout 3 I would get sidetracked checking out bombed out buildings, collecting slaves, doing side quests or just exploring. There is so much to do in Fallout 3 outside of the main quest that you could probably spend hours completely ignoring the main quest and still have a great time. Farcry 2 was supposed to have the same type of open world environment and said environment was supposed to be as large as Fallout 3's was. My main issue with Farcry 2 is that they seem to have tossed in their huge open world environment just to have one and force you to travel long distances to complete your quest. I'm not that far into the game so maybe that changes and it isn't a bad game, but it didn't deliver on what I wanted. This is, in my book, a good game to rent and a bad one to buy.

No comments: