Monday, March 23, 2009

We Deserve It

Plenty of people seem to have their panties in a bunch over Obama's laughing on 60 Minutes. I'm not linking to any of the number of articles or posts I have read about it. I know I don't have many readers, but I don't want to direct any web hits to such stupidity. Last week, and leaking into this week people still seem to want to discuss Obama's Special Olympics comment from Leno. We are currently in two wars, in the midst of a recession and facing an economy in shatters and what is driving the news? Obama laughing in an interview and a stupid Special Olympics joke. This is one of those few times that if every worst case scenerio comes true and we see the collapse of society I can't help but feel we deserve it for letting our discourse slip this far.

This is one of those posts that guarantees that I will never be able to run for public office.

No comments: